This is the Creation Science resource that I had posted about earlier that for whatever reason did not post. I'm glad that I waited. I found some more wonderful resources on their site that I didn't know about earlier.
My Creation Science resource for this week is Answers in Genesis. Since they can say it much better than I, here is a short synopsis of their ministry:
Answers in Genesis is an apologetics (i.e., Christianity-defending) ministry, dedicated to enabling Christians to defend their faith and to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ effectively. We focus particularly on providing answers to questions surrounding the book of Genesis, as it is the most-attacked book of the Bible. We also desire to train others to develop a biblical worldview, and seek to expose the bankruptcy of evolutionary ideas, and its bedfellow, a “millions of years old” earth (and even older universe). Read more . . .
There are so many resources on this site that I cannot possibly do it justice. I am going to list just a few of the remarkable gems you can find on this site, with a short description afterward. I have italicized the parts I pulled directly from their site.
- Video on Demand ~ They have taken some of their most popular video series and released them online for free! They add a new segment each week They have been posting since August 2006, so there are a lot of them to watch. Some of the topics include astronomy, origin of species, the intelligent design movement, racism, flight, the moon, the ear, the eye, and fossils. It also includes the 24 part series Answers with Ken Ham.
- Listen to the Bible in a Year ~ Listen as Max McLean delivers an engaging and powerful presentation of the Bible (NIV). You can start up where they are right now, or you can set up your own listening plan. You can also purchase it on cassette, CD, or MP3 if you don't want to listen to it online.
- Answers Mini-Dramas ~ These 60-second mini-dramas are designed to engage and entertain while communicating a brief, life-changing message!
- Creation Magazine Archives ~ Years of research and life-changing articles—from Creation magazine—at your fingertips. Nearly every Creation article over the past 15 years, conveniently organized in a single, powerful database for advanced research or easy reading! Search by author, type of article, date, etc. These magazines were formerly distributed in the US by Answers in Genesis.
- TJ—in-depth Journal of Creation Archives ~ This magazine, formerly distributed in the US by Answers in Genesis, is more technical than the Creation magazine. There are not a lot of archives there yet, but more should be added in the future.
- Morning and Evening: A Devotional Series by Charles H. Spurgeon ~ This is not the only place you can read these timeless devotionals, but it's nice to have them available when perusing the rest of their site.
- Creation scientists and other biographies of interest ~ Ever wonder how many scientists believe in a literal 6-Day Creation? Well, this list will give you some of them! It's amazingly long.
- Answers Magazine ~ Answers magazine is the Bible-affirming, creation-based magazine from Answers in Genesis. It is well worth the cost of suscribing. They offer some of the articles online. The recent issue has been sold out in the US, so they decided to post the entire issue on their website for everyone. If you are a subscriber to the magazine, they offer additional articles online that are extensions to the hard copy.
- Kids Answers ~ KidsAnswers.org is designed to be a fun, safe, Creator-honoring place to find educational entertainment for your children. We will show free kid-friendly Christian movies, as well as feature a new animal every week, and provide coloring sheets and activity pages.
- Study Guides ~ There are several free study guides that go along with some of their educational books like the The NEW Answers Book;The Astronomy Book; Exploring Planet Earth; The Geology Book; and The Ocean Book, just to name a few.
- Online Books ~ A few of the best-sellers are posted in their entirety online so that you can read them without buying the book. Definitely worth perusing!
- Also in the Education section of their website, you can find Creation resource books and reviews; free PowerPoint presentations & Images; Help with writing projects; and the opportunity to purchase curricula and online courses.
- Let's not forget that they have a very large assortment of resources for sale in the online store. It speaks for itself.
- Last, but by no means least, is the Creation Museum. The Creation Museum presents a “walk through history.” Designed by a former Universal Studios exhibit director, this state-of-the-art 65,000 square foot museum brings the pages of the Bible to life.A fully engaging, sensory experience for guests. Murals and realistic scenery, computer-generated visual effects, over fifty exotic animals, life-sized people and dinosaur animatronics, and a special-effects theater complete with misty sea breezes and rumbling seats. These are just some of the impressive exhibits that everyone in your family will enjoy. The prices are very reasonable. We are charter members. I wish I could tell you that we've visited the place, but unfortunately we have not been able to yet. Hopefully within the next year we can go.
Finally, Answers in Genesis has feeds that you can put on your website or blog. Here they are (separated by horizontal lines).