Print this page
Tuesday, 11 March 2008 04:00

Why Did We Schedule for March 6th?

Rate this item
(0 votes)

Let me start out by telling everyone that the Hand of God was definitely with us on our trip, despite how awful the weekend turned out.  The question that kept cropping up in my mind was why did we choose this weekend to go to Kentucky?  Hello???? Are there any brains in my head?

We went to the Creation Museum as planned.  It took us a little longer than we had anticipated since the snow kept coming down.  The museum was wonderful!  About one quarter through Aric, Arianna, and I had to zip through quickly to go see Dr. Georgia Purdom speak on the Physiology and Anatamony of Christ’s Crucifixion.  It was great!  She is a wonderfully dynamic speaker.  I’d like to see her speak again sometime.  When it was over, one of the staff came up to say that the museum would be closing at 3:00 PM.  It was 2:00 PM.  They also announced that they would be closed the next day (Saturday).  They aren’t open on Sundays.  At that point, we went to find Greggory and Aneira.  They were in the gift shop.  We had to choose between going through the museum in half an hour (we had tickets to see the Stargazer’s presentation at 2:30 PM), or pick out items to buy.  Aric and Arianna went downstairs to look at the dinosaurs.  I stayed in the shop.  The Stargazer’s presentation was magnificent!  I wish we had had the time to buy the DVD of it.  Not that it could compare to the planetarium.  We then bought a couple of pictures that were taken at the beginning of the museum.  I will scan them and post them later.   Then we drove back to the hotel in the snow.  That was our trip to the Creation Museum.   I enjoyed it, but wish Aric, Arianna, and I could have seen the entire museum. 

I was really bummed about having to leave early, especially since we went on the trip specifically to visit the museum.  However, I am very thankful that we went to the museum on Friday instead of going to the aquarium.  We would have totally missed the museum altogether!

That night we met a homeschooling mom "P" and her two sons, "J" and "D" while we were at dinner at the hotel restaurant.  We had seen them at breakfast, and again at the museum, so we started talking to them, until our kids drove us crazy about swimming in the indoor pool.  We went back to the room, got our bathing suits, and headed for the pool. 

We had a great time in the pool.  We met up with "P", "J", and "D" again.  Aric and Arianna started swimming pretty well.  They aren’t great swimmers, in that they can barely swim, and only for short distances.  They were really improving as time progressed.  Meanwhile, I talked with "P" and kept a close eye on Aneira.  Arianna went back to the room.  Never in my wildest dreams did I ever dream that I needed to watch Aric like a hawk.  Next thing I know, Aric is in the deep end panicking because he can’t get to the side.  "P" and I then go towards him to bring him in, "J" is already there trying to help him.  Well, he is panicking so much that when I get there, he pulls me under.  I finally get back up, and try putting my arm around his chest so that I can swim backwards with him.  What a mistake, he twists around and holds me around my neck under the water.  At this point I’m not really sure what to do.  I keep trying to come up for air, but when I do, I get pushed back down.  I found out later that "P" was trying to push each of us to make sure we can breathe.  At this point I don’t know where we are in regards to the side of the pool, or what is going on.  A man there with his children apparently helped "J" pull Aric to the side, which left me free to swim back to the side.  Aric was extremely shaken up.  "J" had scratches on his neck and chest where Aric had tried to hold on to him.  I was a basket case.  Before anyone tells me, I do realize that what I SHOULD have done was grab a flotation device from the side of the pool.  I have to say that I didn’t even think of that.  That was a mistake that could have cost the life of my son and myself.  Obviously God had other plans, and it was His hand that was completely covering us.  For that I praise His Name.  After it was all over I thought about flotation devices.  There were none in the fenced in area.  The closest one was outside the fence back near the wall, at least 20 feet from the gate.  We remedied that situation.

The aquarium was closed on Saturday, so we mainly stayed in our room.  The night before really left me exhausted and frazzled, so I slept most of the day.  We went swimming that night, and then went to bed.  The next morning the aquarium was open, so we packed up, checked out, and then drove to the aquarium.  We had a great time, then went to lunch at the Fish Market.  It was so cool!  I had some of the best salmon ever.  Then we drove home.  Once more, God has his hand on us.  The roads were clear, the weather was great, and the drive down through the mountains, although nerve-wracking, was uneventful.  Now I need a week to recover from my vacation.

I will be posting pictures in the next couple of days.  Have a good week!

Read 1180 times